Subterranean Books

Subterranean Books opened in 2000 on the Delmar Loop and has been a haven for book lovers ever since. We’re proud to have been selected Best Bookstore by the Riverfront Times five times, and we continue to offer the unusual, the classic, and the subversive to our customers. And hey, we’re independent, friendly, and growing. Check us out! The store can be contacted at 314.862.6100 or info (at) subbooks.com.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Musical Interlude

Dude, Jason's right. YouTube is a GIANT can of worms. It is a major timesuck and it totally rocks. I came across this English bookseller's blog and he has some sort of tradition of posting a music video on Mondays to wake people up (I presume). Well one of the videos he had posted was from my other current musical obsession Gogol Bordello. So I thought I would pass it on to you. Those fabulous dj's at KDHX were the first to turn me on to them and I was lucky enough to catch their show at The Creepy Crawl. Although my aversion to the pit during the show painfully reinforced the fact that I am aging. This is them performing Not a Crime live on Later with Jools Holland, which appears to be a British TV show. Ooh, now I'm going to check for some Brazilian Girls footage.

---Kelly

Gogol Bordello - Not a Crime

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really have to check out Gogol Bordello--you know they started out in Vermont??

11:06 AM  
Blogger Subterranean Books said...

No, I didn't know that. Cool. Hopefully thay get back to play there once in a while.--Kelly

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're going to be here for a folk music festival at the beginning of August, but, alas, I am very poor and unable to afford tickets!! SO bummed.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see Everything is Illuminated? I believe that the lead singer stars in that movie. (p.s. "anonymous" above was me!)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home